Terms and Conditions
1. You must be of legal age and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. If photo card licence is held, then both card and counterpart. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification. For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above. You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional license has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 12 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 12 hours notice will result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for at a cost of £15. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor.
4. If your instructor turns up on time pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on the time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc. lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your instructor, no fee will be charged.
6. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the start of the lesson by cash.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In event of there of being any signs of drugs\alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and the other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
10. All vouchers must be used within 6 months of purchase. Vouchers are Non-refundable and cannot be Exchanged for cash in part or full. All Vouchers are valid for 6 months only.
For both our safety, I will be following all industry best practices and government guidelines with regards to safety around Covid19. A full list of what to expect is listed below.
- Instructor will arrive in good time to wash down car before pupil’s lesson.
- Pupils must wash hands before leaving the house.
- Both pupil and Instructor will sanitise before entering the car.
- A Face Mask must be worn by both Instructor and Pupil, this must be a proper fitted mask. (Scarf is not accepted.)
- Temperature checks will be done before every lesson, both for Instructor and Pupil (data won’t be recorded but any person not achieving a green range lesson shall be cancelled.)
- Pupil may request Instructor to wear a face shield with Mask, this may be more beneficial to a shielding pupil or a person shielding within their household.
- Cashless payment is preferred via PayPal before each lesson. A card machine is currently being sourced, to provide another cashless option.
Your usual T&Cs may need to be revised during this time. We will not be charging late cancellation fees due to COVID-19. This could relate to the following situations which I must be notified of in advance:
- If your client or anyone in their household becomes unwell and has symptoms
- If your client believes they may have been in contact with someone showing symptoms
- If you become unwell and are showing symptoms or if anyone in your household is showing symptoms
- If you believe you may have been in contact with someone showing symptoms
Revised Price list. Due to the local Belfast Test Centre now being used as a Covid Testing Centre the minimum lesson we can offer is 1.5hrs, this is to allow travel time to Lisburn as no tests are currently going out in Belfast.
As a Gesture towards outstanding gift vouchers I have decided to extend the expire date for those ending in April, May, June, up to including 30th July 2020 for 3 months therefore these vouchers must be used no later than 30th Oct 2020. Vouchers varied in terms of cash amount and hours amount these will all automatically transfer to the cash amount in line with the revised price list.